Monday, July 20, 2015

Day One in Washington

Monday July 20

“Hello Sir, what can I get you?”
“Well, what do you recommend?”
“It really just depends on what you like dude.”

I order a double macchiato because I have no idea what to order, and I feel slightly uncomfortable.  I feel like I should just know what is good. So I ordered the double macchiato to try and sound like I knew what I was doing. I saw him grab a really small cup, and knew I had made a mistake. I just wanted coffee…  What was I thinking?

 So I am sitting in a coffee shop in Wenatchee Washington right now. Trying to figure out what to do with myself for the next week or so, I think I want to go to Seattle. I also don’t want to spend a lot money, so it is going to be interesting. I grab my coffee and take a seat, I need to plan out this next week so that I don’t just end up sleeping in my car and eating McDonalds every day.

So why am I here, in Wenatchee, with no real plan? In part because that’s who I am, I don’t really plan anything. I just kind of wing life, so this is just and extension of that. But why Wenatchee? My friend’s girlfriend lives out here, so I dropped him off at her house, and am going to meet up with him in about a week to continue on traveling down the coast, going to end this trip in San Diego California. We are here to kill some time between two weddings. One just happened in Sioux Falls, SD, the next is in the San Diego area. There are about 2 weeks apart, might as well travel in between right? Right!  So that’s why I am here, alone in Wenatchee. I just left my friend and his girlfriend, and now need to fill about 6 days! Time to head to Seattle!

Before we get to all that though, this macchiato thing doesn’t taste very good. I think I will just take a few sips and leave it. Don’t want to be rude ya know?


No comments:

Post a Comment